The city of Oakland wants to curtail free speech as long as it runs contrary to the gay rights agenda.
By George Will
Marriage is the foundation of the natural family and sustains family values. That sentence is inflammatory, perhaps even a hate crime.
At least it is in Oakland. That city’s government says those words italicized here constitute something akin to hate speech, and can be proscribed from the government’s open e-mail system and employee bulletin board.
Last 15 posts in News
- The Scouts look to recruit more gay leaders and members - June 6th, 2011
- California Declares War on Homeschoolers - March 9th, 2008
- A quarter of toddlers are overweight - March 2nd, 2008
- President BUSH PARDON's HIMSELF against POTENTIAL WARCRIMES - January 24th, 2008
- Against the Trend, U.S. Births Way Up - January 17th, 2008
- Murdered Wife Wife Fingers Husband From Grave - January 17th, 2008
- Woman Stuck Son In Oven As Punishment - January 16th, 2008
- Higher Education Hit by Credit Crunch - January 10th, 2008
- China's indifference: Toying with lives - January 7th, 2008
- Police: Mom Arrested In Case Of Toddler Tortured By Hot Oil, Dryer - January 5th, 2008
- Man Accused Of Sitting On Pregnant Wife's Stomach - January 5th, 2008
- Teens charged in 7-year-old sister's 'Mortal Kombat' death - December 22nd, 2007
- Teacher asphyxiates preschool child with adhesive tape - December 5th, 2007
- Mom Turns To Catch Son, Daughter Crushed - November 28th, 2007
- Dogs As Clever As Toddlers - November 18th, 2007