Here’s a few examples of people who have decided to help the rest of us by preventing the stupidification of the human race.
Had Toni Vernelli gone ahead with her pregnancy ten years ago, she would know at first hand what it is like to cradle her own baby, to have a pair of innocent eyes gazing up at her with unconditional love, to feel a little hand slipping into hers - and a voice calling her Mummy.
But the very thought makes her shudder with horror.
And here’s the punchline:
Because when Toni terminated her pregnancy, she did so in the firm belief she was helping to save the planet.
Incredibly, so determined was she that the terrible “mistake” of pregnancy should never happen again, that she begged the doctor who performed the abortion to sterilise her at the same time.
She murders her unborn child, and then wants to essentially rip out the reproductive mechanism itself, because she loves the ‘planet’. Hmmmm. She puts the ‘mental’ in environmentalist.
At the age of 27 this young woman at the height of her reproductive years was sterilised to “protect the planet”.
Incredibly, instead of mourning the loss of a family that never was, her boyfriend (now husband) presented her with a congratulations card.
While some might think it strange to celebrate the reversal of nature and denial of motherhood, Toni relishes her decision with an almost religious zeal.
“Having children is selfish. It’s all about maintaining your genetic line at the expense of the planet,” says Toni, 35.
This is definately Darwin Award material.
Last 15 posts in Parenting
- The Scouts look to recruit more gay leaders and members - June 6th, 2011
- 'I've never liked my child' - June 3rd, 2011
- TV Executives Admit in Taped Interviews That Hollywood Pushes a Liberal Agenda - June 2nd, 2011
- Why Chinese Mothers Are Superior - January 14th, 2011
- A teacher's plea - September 25th, 2008
- Japanese parents marry off 'parasite single' offspring - August 31st, 2008
- Bully backlash - August 28th, 2008
- Middle classes must have bigger families! - August 23rd, 2008
- 50 craziest celebrity baby names - May 22nd, 2008
- But What About the Children? - May 1st, 2008
- Kidnapping Now Legal In The U.S. - April 24th, 2008
- Three Kids? You Showoffs. - April 9th, 2008
- Just how much stupidity can one world tolerate? - April 7th, 2008
- Let babies learn to think for themselves - March 26th, 2008
- 'To train school children in ... loyalty to the state' - March 23rd, 2008