Go on-line and search for “educational toys for toddlers” and see what pops up. The results could keep your kids busy until they’ve got kids of their own! After you’ve investigated some of these options, you might want to consider the toys below, which have proven useful for many parents.
The chatterbox telephone is a toy telephone that speaks to kids who play with it in several different languages. You can use it to teach your toddler your native language, or even perhaps help them to pick up a bit of a foreign tongue. Children love to pretend to talk on the telephone so this toy is always a big hit.
Spin and play centers are engrossing toys that stick to any surface with their suction cup bottoms and provide logical problems for your toddler to solve by spinning dials, pulling levers, and turning knobs. Needless to say, it will keep them occupied for hours, and build their ability to think abstractly.
The curiosity cube is a cube that provides a wide range of activities tide to different senses. It will help toddlers focus their attention, and increase their knowledge in various areas, including understanding of words and recognition of different colors, shapes, and numbers.
This is a veritable classic of children’s toys, present in waiting rooms around the world. The primary colored wooden blocks glide along metal rails, directed by toddlers’ hands and gravity. This will teach toddlers that most basic premise, what goes up must come down.
Last 15 posts in Teaching and Learning
- Think Your Kid's Gifted? You're Probably Wrong - August 29th, 2008
- When America Counts - May 5th, 2008
- Helping Your Older Child With Homework - March 26th, 2008
- Teach Your Child How To Spell - March 2nd, 2008
- Feminism and the English Language - February 26th, 2008
- Locking Our Children Away From the Real World - February 22nd, 2008
- Turn Off TV To Teach Toddlers New Words - January 31st, 2008
- The Truth About Music Lessons - December 27th, 2007
- Teach kids to enjoy sharing - December 24th, 2007
- How to Teach a Child Spanish - December 17th, 2007
- Trick them into learning - December 13th, 2007
- Fuzzy Math - Fuzzy Minds - December 8th, 2007
- Learning English Grammar - December 3rd, 2007
- Teaching Math Using Exercise - November 30th, 2007
- It's your child's education, not yours - November 24th, 2007