What you need:
A few teaspoons of cornstarch
Some cold Water
What you need to do:
Put the cornstarch into a bowl and mix it with enough cold water until you have a smooth paste. It will only require a teaspoon or so. Then, while stirring, pour in the boiling water until you get the right consistency.
This will not work if the water is not boiling hot from a kettle or pot. Hot tap water won’t work. The mixture will thicken as soon as the hot water hits the paste so stir it quickly to avoid lumpiness.
Use the vegetable food coloring for the color base and you’re done!
If you want to make easel paint, you only have to use paint tempera from any craft store, but keep in mind tempera will stain permanently, unlike food coloring which can wash out easily.
Last 15 posts in Arts & Crafts
- How To Teach Drawing To Children - March 2nd, 2008
- How to make silly putty - January 4th, 2008
- Make A New Year's Ornament - December 24th, 2007
- Felt Cone Christmas Tree - December 19th, 2007
- Make Your Own Santa Ornament - December 17th, 2007
- Egg Carton Christmas Wagon - December 6th, 2007
- Make Your Own Candles - December 6th, 2007
- Sugaring Flowers - November 28th, 2007
- Make Your Own Rubber Stamps - November 12th, 2007
- Easy Gingerbread Houses - November 5th, 2007
- Fun Photography Projects You Can Do With Your Kids - November 4th, 2007
- Turkey Napkin Holders - November 2nd, 2007
- Handmade paper from dryer lint - July 6th, 2007
- How to build a kite - July 3rd, 2007