By DANIEL BATES
The Daily Mail
At first glance, it seems to be an ordinary snap of a group of young people.
Peeping out between the knees of two of the girls is the face of a child.
The eerie image - clear enough to show a pair of eyes, a nose, a mouth and hair - was captured by 17-year-old Matthew Summers on his mobile phone as he and his friends were preparing to go out.
“I zoomed in to my sister’s mate’s little sister who was crying and I saw a face,”
Matthew said. “You can see all the facial expressions and everything.
Usually when you see pictures like that it’s a blur but this one is really weird.
“I was really shocked because I don’t believe in that stuff.”
Matthew took the picture in his sister’s friend’s front room in Billingham, Teesside.
“I’ve sent it to my girlfriend and she thinks it’s a bit weird,” he added.
His photo joins a long line of apparently paranormal snaps. The most memorable in recent times was a cloaked figure photographed standing in a doorway at Hampton Court Palace in 2003.
Dr O’Keeffe said: “As human beings we’re very good at finding a pattern in randomness and related to that we’re good at finding faces in randomness. The term for this is pareidolia.
“First it was ink blots, then things like clouds in the sky and now mobile phone pictures.
“There is no ghost in this picture, just the coincidental effect of pixelation and darkness and light which combine together.”
Find the original article here
Last 15 posts in Of Interest
- A Video Portrait Of Barack Hussein Obama - June 25th, 2008
- So Now You Know - June 24th, 2008
- The U.S.A, Now With Extra States! - May 28th, 2008
- Can You Hear Me Now? - May 27th, 2008
- 1955 Good Wife's Guide - March 5th, 2008
- Another Darwin Award Winner - February 25th, 2008
- Just how much do you think your body can take? - February 20th, 2008
- Beautiful Caernarfon Castle, North Wales - February 14th, 2008
- Asia licks its lips over Year of the Rat - February 11th, 2008
- Man lived in house with dead body on sofa for ten years - February 8th, 2008
- Truth Hurts? - February 7th, 2008
- Is Facebook Ruining Your Life? - February 6th, 2008
- Time To Walk Away - February 4th, 2008
- Strange Animal Facts - January 24th, 2008
- Feeling Good? Take a Ride on the Taser! - January 19th, 2008