Try your hand at this cute little Christmas tree, a perfect display for your holiday table.
- Styrofoam cone
- Felt: green and goldenrod
- Found craft jewels in assorted colors
- 3 stems of red glittery chenille
- 1 stem red skinny chenille
- 1 stem white skinny chenille
- 1 gold sequin
- Hot glue gun
How to make it:
- Lay Styrofoam cone on top of felt. Roll up to cover, trim excess, leaving ½” overlap at the bottom of the cone. Glue felt all around the cone. Cut slits in the felt overlap at the bottom, every couple of inches. Glue overlapping flaps to the bottom of the cone.
- Add garland by gluing red glittery chenille stems around the cone
- Glue round craft jewels to the tree as ornaments.
- Twist together red and white skinny chenille stems. Cut in to 1” lengths. Bend top of each length to form a candy cane, glue candy canes to the garland on the tree.
- Cut out a star from the goldenrod felt and glue to the top of the tree. Glue gold sequin to the center of the star.
- Styrofoam cones are available at your local craft supply store and in some discount department stores.
- Change the color of the felt to a lighter green or even white for a different twist, or pick a different color of chenille for the garland.
- If you don’t have craft jewels, use buttons or pony beads for the ornaments.
Last 15 posts in Arts & Crafts
- How To Teach Drawing To Children - March 2nd, 2008
- How to make silly putty - January 4th, 2008
- Make A New Year's Ornament - December 24th, 2007
- Make Your Own Santa Ornament - December 17th, 2007
- Egg Carton Christmas Wagon - December 6th, 2007
- Make Your Own Candles - December 6th, 2007
- Sugaring Flowers - November 28th, 2007
- Make Your Own Rubber Stamps - November 12th, 2007
- Easy Gingerbread Houses - November 5th, 2007
- Fun Photography Projects You Can Do With Your Kids - November 4th, 2007
- Turkey Napkin Holders - November 2nd, 2007
- Handmade paper from dryer lint - July 6th, 2007
- Make Your Own Finger Paint - July 4th, 2007
- How to build a kite - July 3rd, 2007