*Egg carton, preferably styrofoam
*2 two-inch Styrofoam balls
*4 ribbon roses
*1 ½ yards flat ribbon edged with lace
*three picks of Christmas greenery
1. Cut off the egg carton lid. Wash the bottom part of the egg cartoon with hot water and soap and dry thoroughly.
2. Starting in the middle of one long side, glue the ribbon all the way around the egg carton, close to the top rim, overlapping the edges of the ribbon where they meet.
3. Cut each of the two styrofoam balls in half. Now you have four half balls. Take each one of these segments and slice a small part off the rounded end. Glue these circular segments to the ribbon on the egg carton, to represent four wheels. Make sure the “tires” are upright and securely fastened with glue so they don’t snap off with the weight of the candy.
4. Glue a ribbon rose in the center of each wheel.
5. Pull apart the picks of Christmas greenery - this may be artifical holly leaves, cedar boughs or something similar. Begin gluing small sections of greenery to the wagon, overlapping a little as you work your way around the outside. Allow the greenery to overlap the rim of the wagon just a little. When you are finished the outside, glue a little greenery to the center section as well.
6. Finally, fill your candy wagon with an assortment of nuts and candy.
You can really get creative with this project and individualize it with pictures, frills,Christmas characters, etc., a guaranteed fun time for kids, and they can give their creativity a real workout!
Last 15 posts in Arts & Crafts
- How To Teach Drawing To Children - March 2nd, 2008
- How to make silly putty - January 4th, 2008
- Make A New Year's Ornament - December 24th, 2007
- Felt Cone Christmas Tree - December 19th, 2007
- Make Your Own Santa Ornament - December 17th, 2007
- Make Your Own Candles - December 6th, 2007
- Sugaring Flowers - November 28th, 2007
- Make Your Own Rubber Stamps - November 12th, 2007
- Easy Gingerbread Houses - November 5th, 2007
- Fun Photography Projects You Can Do With Your Kids - November 4th, 2007
- Turkey Napkin Holders - November 2nd, 2007
- Handmade paper from dryer lint - July 6th, 2007
- Make Your Own Finger Paint - July 4th, 2007
- How to build a kite - July 3rd, 2007