An obvious no-brainer: drinking during pregnancy raises the risk of numerous problems for the offspring, including conduct problems, attention and impulsivity problems, alcohol disorders and criminal behavior, according to an article in Archives of General Psychiatry (JAMA/Archives), November issue.
The mothers’ offspring appears to have an increase in conduct problems for every additional day per week that their mothers consumed alcohol during pregnancy. The link was still their even after the researchers factored in such variables as the mothers’ drug use during pregnancy, her educational level and intellectual ability.
The other factors included were tobacco use, illegal drugs as well as ‘other’ substances besides alcohol.
They needed an actual study to determine this.
Last 15 posts in Health
- Teenager sells kidney for ipad2 - June 2nd, 2011
- Why Chinese Mothers Are Superior - January 14th, 2011
- Avoid Flu Shots, Take Vitamin D Instead - October 5th, 2008
- Secrets of flirting revealed - September 11th, 2008
- Medical Bills You Shouldn't Pay - September 8th, 2008
- The disturbing diary of a modern midwife - August 26th, 2008
- Folate Intake May Help Father Conceive Healthy Children - June 29th, 2008
- Time in the Sun: How Much Is Needed for Vitamin D? - June 24th, 2008
- Scientists find way to make us slaves - June 8th, 2008
- Using mobile phone during pregnancy? Beware! - June 8th, 2008
- Problem is Global Warming? Solution:Die Young - June 4th, 2008
- Killer Compact Flourescent Bulbs - June 4th, 2008
- America's Most Unhealthy Drinks Exposed - June 4th, 2008
- A stiff upper lip never did me any harm - June 3rd, 2008
- The great autism rip-off - June 1st, 2008